Toshiba Limited Warranty
a. TV Products Warranty
The Toshiba Limited Warranty is applicable to all “TV Products” sold since 01.01.2017. Toshiba warrants any Toshiba TV (“TV Products “) first sold to an end-user to be free from defects in components and workmanship under normal use for the duration of the warranty period which is in general twelve (12) months (Warranty Period), provided that any claims under this Limited Warranty must be applied for within the Warranty Period. The warranty period commences on the original date of purchase. Your original purchase invoice (sales receipt), showing the date of purchase, model number and serial number of the TV Products, is your proof of the date of purchase. This warranty is only applicable in countries which are covered under this Limited Warranty for your product, i.e. any country where Toshiba or its Authorised Service Providers offer warranty service subject to the terms and conditions provided in this warranty. You will find the list of covered countries at the end of this booklet. This warranty covers the costs of service parts and labour required to restore your TV Products to full working order. Toshiba will, at its option, repair or replace any defective TV Products or parts thereof covered by this warranty with new or factory refurbished parts or TV Products that are equal to new products in performance. A TV Products or part that is repaired or replaced under this Limited Warranty shall be covered for the remainder of the original warranty period applying to the TV Products or part. All exchanged parts and TV Products replaced under this warranty will become the property of Toshiba. Further claims against Toshiba are expressly excluded. This Limited Warranty is a commercial warranty and it does not affect your statutory rights, which may provide for additional rights available to consumers.
b. Customer Replaceable Parts
Toshiba may service Customer Replaceable Parts such as TV stands or remote control to end-user by shipment. Upon receipt by the end-user of the replacement part, the original part becomes the property of Toshiba. If requested by Toshiba, the original part should be returned to Toshiba at Toshiba’s expense. In the event that the original part is not received by Toshiba within fifteen (15) working days following end-user’s receipt of the shipment instructions, end-user will be charged the retail value of the replacement part.
Warranty Exclusions and Disclaimer
The Limited Warranty with respect to your TV Products is subject to the following exclusions and limitations:
This Limited Warranty does not extend to: 1. Any TV Products not manufactured by or for Toshiba, or sold to an end-user in a country not covered under this warranty. 2. Any TV Products, that has been damaged or rendered defective (a) as a result of use of the TV Products other than for its normal intended use, failure to use the TV Products in accordance with the User’s Manual or other misuse, abuse, or negligence to the TV Products ; (b) by the use of parts not manufactured or sold by Toshiba; (c) by modification of the TV Products ; (d) as a result of service by anyone other than Toshiba or a Toshiba Authorised Service Provider; (e) by improper transportation or packing when returning the TV Products to Toshiba or sales partners or a Toshiba Authorised Service Provider; or (f) by improper installation of third party products (e. g. memory expansion cards). 3. Any TV Products or parts thereof from which labels or serial numbers have been modified or made illegible. 4. Regular maintenance, inspection, fair wear and tear of consumable parts, e. g. remote control. 5. Cosmetic damages such as scratches and dents, scratched, faded or discolored frames, covers and plastics. 6. Commercial or professional use of the TV Products. 7. Environmental damages and/or defects resulting from smoke, dust, carbon black or other external influences. 8. Defects due to force majeure as e.g. lighting, water, fire, incorrect voltage, insufficient ventilation. 9. Pixel failures that are within specification of ISO 9241-307 Class II 10. The guarantee will be rendered invalid if the product is resold If Toshiba’s operating and maintenance instructions are not complied with, replacement parts or materials are used which do not correspond to the original specifications, or interventions are carried out through unqualified personnel or if the TV Products shows any indication of misuse, overuse, negligent handling you will have to furnish proof that the defect was not caused by one of these circumstances. If the TV Products is not entitled to this Limited Warranty due to one of the above mentioned reasons, Toshiba can still offer a repair, if requested by the customer. Please note that in this case Toshiba may charge the end-user for parts, labour and expenses. Furthermore Toshiba reserves the right to charge the end-user for the preparation of the cost estimate. Moreover, Toshiba may charge the costs incurred for the inspection of the TV Products in cases where a damage or defect under this Limited Warranty has been negligently alleged which actually did not exist. Toshiba is not liable for any transport/delivery/insurance costs, import duties, taxes, licensing fees and any charges from telephone/fax communication as consequence of the failure of the TV Products.
b. Disclaimer of Warranty
Except for the express warranty provided and to the extent permitted by applicable law, Toshiba, its Authorised Resellers or Authorised Service Providers do not issue any warranty or guarantee for your TV Products. Toshiba expressly excludes any other liability, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent allowed by the law. In particular, but without limit to the generality of the exclusion, any implied terms as to merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and/or non-infringement of third party rights are excluded whether in contract or tort. Any implied warranties that may be imposed by law are limited in duration to the term of the express limited warranty given by Toshiba to the extent permitted by applicable law. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Toshiba or its supplier be liable for (1) damage to, or loss or corruption of records, data or removable storage media, or (2) any damages whatsoever (including direct or indirect damages, loss of business profits, lost savings or other special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages whether for breach of warranty, contract, strict liability, tort or otherwise) arising out of or resulting from the use of or inability to use the products and/or the enclosed written materials, even if Toshiba, its supplier, an authorized Toshiba representative, service provider or dealer have been advised of the possibility of such damages or of any claim by any third party. Any liability of Toshiba or its supplier which is not excluded shall be limited to the purchase price of the TV Products.
Obtaining Warranty Service
Your Toshiba Limited Warranty includes a Carry-in or Send-in warranty service. In some countries, a Pick-up & Return warranty service might also be provided. To find out about the local coverage, please contact Toshiba or your Authorised Service Provider.
The warranty service will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Repair service is available for TV Products purchased and located within a country where Toshiba or its Authorised Service Providers offer warranty service subject to the terms and conditions provided in this Limited Warranty. Claims under this Limited Warranty will be honoured only if made within the warranty period.
2. Please check the Toshiba support website for further help and contact details in your country. www.toshiba-tv.com/support
3. Before contacting Toshiba directly, please:
• Check if your TV Products is connected to mains and switched on correctly;
• Reset the TV Products to its original configuration by removing accessories and external connections; unplug any remote storage devices or other peripherals;
• Consult the User’s Manual for important tips on how to operate and troubleshoot your TV Products and check on latest information on the Toshiba support website;
• Note down TV Products name, model number, serial number, hardware and software configuration and a description of the problem (e. g. error messages that appear on the screen);
4. Call the Toshiba Support Centre in the country where you are located in. Toshiba will attempt to resolve warranty issues over the telephone and may require your assistance in performing routine diagnostic procedures in connection with this call. Should the Toshiba Support Centre isolate hardware malfunctions on your TV Products, you will be provided with an identification number and service instructions by the most convenient means (e. g. fax, email, voice).
5. If your TV Products is eligible for Pick-up & Return warranty service, Toshiba will arrange pick-up of the defective unit from your location, repair it and return it back to your location. Toshiba will incur all repair, logistics and insurance costs in this process.
6. Under the terms of Carry-in or Send-in warranty service, you will be required to deliver your Toshiba TV Products to a Toshiba Authorised Service Provider for warranty repair and arrange for its collection on completion of repair. You must prepay any shipping charges, taxes, or duties associated with transportation of the TV Products to and from the Toshiba Authorised Service Provider. In addition, you are responsible for insuring the TV Products both for delivery and collection as neither Toshiba nor the company offering warranty service on Toshiba’s behalf, have any liability for damage or loss in transit.
7. Secure proper packing of the unit if you send it in or in case of pick up through Toshiba. Damages caused by improper packing by the end user will not be covered by Toshiba. Original carton boxes are most appropriate packing and shall be used by customer. Toshiba is not obliged to provide carton boxes.
Below you will find a list of countries which are covered under the Toshiba Limited Warranty for your products.
Countries in scope for Toshiba Limited Warranty:
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France Métropolitaine, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Ireland, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
Vestel is a trademark licensee of Toshiba Visual Solutions Corporation for the countries provided under the section Geographic Coverage and warrantor of above warranty terms and conditions. Vestel UK Ltd., Waterside Drive, Langley, Berkshire SL3 6EZ
Partner disclaimer: Google, Google Play, YouTube, Android TV and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.